Job description Template for Sales and Marketing manager
Sale and marketing manager lead a sales team in any organization by providing guidance, setting sales quotas and goals, training, and mentorship, analyzing data, creating sales plans, assigning sales territories and building their team.
The sales and marketing manager job description sample template below will attract a great hire for you in this role.
In order to ensure your professional resume will support your goals, use this sales and marketing manager job description template to inform what you should highlight on your resume.
By reviewing these sales and marketing job description samples, you’ll be able to identify what technical and soft skills, credentials and work experience matter most to an employer in your target field.
Sales and Marketing Manager Job Description Template
The Futuristic Management Group, 121 N Washington Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55401, is a start-up and fast-growing firms. It’s a perfect team for growing business driven to provide perfect customer experience timely. We specialize in offering various marketing and advertising services.
We are in search of a skilled Sales and Marketing Manager that has the ability to function well as part of a team. You must have very effective organizational and communication skills to build a sales team and to service our clientele efficiently. You will represent the company’s brand and drives strategies to increase product awareness by observing the market, competitors, and industry trends.
Sales and Marketing Manager Job brief
As a sales manager, you will direct and oversee our company’s sales policies, objectives, and initiatives. Your primary responsibility (as a Sales Manager) is to set short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluate the effectiveness of current sales programs. Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
You will manage and train team members for high performance. You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis. We seek a highly motivated and experienced sales representative that is familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to top management. The successful candidate will understand what motivates customers to buy and know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way.
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential, act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration, creating engaging advertisements and promotional literature, crafting and generating unique sales plans and justifying those to plans to the upper management, developing pricing strategies, and meeting marketing and sales human resource objectives.
To be successful in this position, you must have strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills. You should also possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing. You must be an organized Sales and Marketing Manager to assist in the advertising and selling of our company’s products and to create competitive advantages for our company in the market industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies, and programs to capture key demographics
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Plan to ensure achievement of divisional and personal target, aligning with company sales policies and strategies
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI target are met
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward, and individual recognition
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly
- Provide on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals
- Continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition for his/her defined geography and accounts
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, Mathematics, Business Administration, or related field.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Experience managing and directing a sales team.
- Understanding and knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis and report writing.
- The ability to understand and follow company policies and procedures.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Dedication to providing great customer service.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
Sales Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Marketing Concepts
- People Management
- Territory Management
- Sales Planning
- Sell to Customer Needs
- Sales Planning
- Build Relationships
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Competitive Analysis
- Understanding the Customer
- Product Development
- Client Relationships
- Creative Services
- Manage Processes
- Market Knowledge
- Develop Budgets
To apply, send your CV to Phone number: 612-428-3123
Shellyservices is a team of B2B and B2C copywriter. They craft content That Helps You Stay On Track. That Help You Gain Followers. We deliver real results through creative, data-driven digital marketing strategies and copywriting. Contact us at Fiverr