A job description or JD is an internal document that clearly describes the essential job requirements, or other related job duties, job responsibilities, and skills required to perform a specific role. A more detailed job description will cover how success is measured in the role so it can be used during performance evaluations.
An afterschool program is a program outside of school hours for children, teenagers/youth. It is designed to improve student academic performance, self-confidence, character, and attitudes for success in life. The program will help children develop themselves and improve their learning.
We are looking for someone who has natural ease for growing business while proactively pursuing new opportunities and identifying roadblocks and obstacles to increasing business. As the Program Manager, you will be accountable for the growth, quality, and success of the program operation, its students and staff. Your primary responsibility as the Program Manager is to oversee the day-to-day operations in order to ensure that the state quality standards and guidelines are met and that the program is meeting all contract requirements.
- Establishes a combination of program activities to provide academic support, skill-driven sports, fitness and wellness activities, and visual and performing arts instruction
- Organizes special and culminating events, including showcases that highlight student achievement and culturally enriching field trips
- Responsible for the development and implementation of innovative and age-appropriate curriculum, enrichment activities, and theme-based projects taking into consideration the youth needs and abilities
- Creates and distributes a schedule of all activities and ensures appropriate record keeping and reporting of all youth attendance
- Ensures all program is in compliance and monitor student registration, ratios, attendance tracking, IDs, and building permits
- Assist management in ensuring budgetary compliance and with the submission of any required documents or reports to funding sources
- Ensures youth and their families are properly informed and prepared for all special events.
- Prepares and distributes written materials, including flyers, brochures, newsletters, and posting on the bulletin board
- Resolves any teen/youth-related issues as they arise
- Keep accurate records of all activities including staff files, file box, program flyers, materials, schedule, and curriculum
- Responsible for recruitment and supervision of participants which include posting, holding information sessions, emailing, encouraging youth, answering applicant questions, calling, and other strategies to motivate youth to enroll and continue to participate
- Ensures that student attendance information is being properly collected and delivered to the Data department on a weekly basis
- Responsible for recruitment and supervision of dedicated staff that meets the highest standards of qualifications in being able to carry out after-school program mission and goals
Relationship and Partnership Management
- Cultivates positive relations with school head administrators, teachers, parents, and other key constituents in the community while actively seeking to raise their awareness of after school program
- Collaborates with school authority on program delivery to align with the goals in relation to student achievement and performance
- Establishes parent involvement in areas of advocacy, special events, daily operations, education, and trips
- Promotes the program within the community through school visits, attendance at meetings and flyer distribution
- Creates and distributes program updates, attend outreach events and establish successful communication as the organization’s lead ambassador
- Keeps Program stakeholder informed including any challenges in fulfilling responsibilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program staff and school partners
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Knowledge of effective sports, arts, and academic programming
- A strong leader and team-builder
- Responsible and professional conduct that serves as a role model to staff and youth
- A successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree with preference in Education, Psychology, or Social Work with at least 2 years’ experience managing youth programs or after school programs.
- At least 18.0 credit hours from an accredited college or university in the field of Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field preferred
- Must have a passion for the Afterschool program and demonstrate an interest in the field of education and youth development.
- Prior work experience in urban education, including supervisory experience
- Teaching and after-school management experience preferred
- Behavioral Characteristics– develop effective working relationships with colleagues and possess positive qualities of ethics, trustworthiness, reliability and personal organization. Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of quality results on time
- Planning & Team Skills – Ability to identify a plan, communicate and execute projects from conception to completion. Have the ability to build and lead cross-functional teams.
- Interaction Skills- able to work in a team setting and assist stakeholders in articulating problems and opportunities, establishing viable testing plans and reaching agreement on a quality future state.
Continuous learning and development are paramount to us. As such, we pride ourselves on developing and supporting all our employees. You will have access to our various learning opportunities both online and training room. Other benefits are;
- Competitive wages
- Advancement opportunities
- Generous healthcare plan and Holiday pay
- Sick Leave
- Ability to grow with the company
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
- Reliable in fulfilling hours scheduled and consistently punctual
- Cooperation/Teamwork – works well with others (internal, external and associates)
- Personally responsible, completes work in a timely and consistent manner
- Able to regularly stand and talk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive job
- Able to tolerate children, teen and youth behavior
- Able to make fun and have a sense of humor
You are bubbly and willing to show your uniqueness on the floor? Please click and apply!
JOB TYPE: Full Time
Position: Program Manager
Wages: Total compensation = $12 per hour for a start
To apply, please send your resume to – your email here Or Call/Text your contact
Don’t beat yourself up about it. Just let an expert copywriter do it for you.
You’ll get engaging and results-driven job description that’ll attract real applicant and increase your brand awareness, engagement, leads, and conversions.
Let me focus on the writing (job description) so you’re free to get on with what you do best. Contact me NOW