Foods provide us with energy to run our daily businesses. It’s therefore important to give our body the right kind of food that will enable us to stay healthy at all times.
Base the majority of your meals around these foods as they are highly nutritious:
Meat: Red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken, and turkey.
Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
Healthy oils: Primarily extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil.
Butter and cream: Look for grass-fed when possible.
Cheese: Unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, cream, blue or mozzarella).
Low-carb veggies: Most green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
Avocados: Whole avocados or freshly made guacamole.
Fatty fish: Such as salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel.
Eggs: Look for pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.
Condiments: You can use salt, pepper, and various healthy herbs and spices.
It is best to base your diet mostly on whole, single-ingredient foods. Base the majority of your diet on foods such as meat, fish, eggs, butter, nuts, healthy oils, avocados, and plenty of low-carb veggies.
Below is A Sample of Keto Meal Plan For a Week and you can twist it to suit your weekly need.
To help get you started, here is a sample ketogenic diet meal plan for one week:
- Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, and tomatoes.
- Lunch: Chicken salad with olive oil and feta cheese.
- Dinner: Salmon with asparagus cooked in butter.
- Breakfast: Egg, tomato, basil, and goat cheese omelet.
- Lunch: Almond milk, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and stevia milkshake.
- Dinner: Meatballs, cheddar cheese, and vegetables.
- Breakfast: A ketogenic milkshake (try this or this).
- Lunch: Shrimp salad with olive oil and avocado.
- Dinner: Pork chops with Parmesan cheese, broccoli, and salad.
- Breakfast: Omelet with avocado, salsa, peppers, onion and spices.
- Lunch: A handful of nuts and celery sticks with guacamole and salsa.
- Dinner: Chicken stuffed with pesto and cream cheese, along with vegetables.
- Breakfast: Sugar-free yogurt with peanut butter, cocoa powder, and stevia.
- Lunch: Beef stir-fry cooked in coconut oil with vegetables.
- Dinner: Bun-less burger with bacon, egg, and cheese.
- Breakfast: Ham and cheese omelet with vegetables.
- Lunch: Ham and cheese slices with nuts.
- Dinner: Whitefish, egg, and spinach cooked in coconut oil.
- Breakfast: Fried eggs with bacon and mushrooms.
- Lunch: Burger with salsa, cheese, and guacamole.
- Dinner: Steak and eggs with a side salad.
- Always try to rotate the vegetables and meat over the long term, as each type provides different nutrients and health benefits.
Healthy Keto Snacks
In case you get hungry between meals, here are some healthy, keto-approved snacks:
- Fatty meat or fish
- A handful of nuts or seeds
- Cheese with olives
- 1–2 hard-boiled eggs
- 90% dark chocolate
- A low-carb milkshake with almond milk, cocoa powder, and nut butter
- Full-fat yogurt mixed with nut butter and cocoa powder
- Strawberries and cream
- Celery with salsa and guacamole
- Smaller portions of leftover meals
Great snacks for a keto diet include pieces of meat, cheese, olives, boiled eggs, nuts and dark chocolate.