What is a business development manager?
The business development manager (BDM) plays a vital role in any organization they inform others about company products and services and acts as the point of contact for new clients and their assigned existing clients.
Belo is a business development manager job description template, if you want to create a job listing or looking for duties and responsibility for your employee, simply reword it and add your business development manager duties to our business development manager job description template and start attracting top talent today. Or simply look for the role listed that meet your organization need and let your employee know their job requirement.
Use this Business Development Manager job description template to tailor your resume or create a detailed job ad for your job posting.
Crafting a compelling business development manager job description is essential to helping you attract the most qualified candidates for the position.
An enticing and precise business development manager job description is essential to recruiting the right person for this position. Customize this Business Development Manager job description template to attract the best candidate for your job opening.
The key to writing effective business development manager job descriptions is to find the perfect balance between for your organization and provide enough detail so that the ideal candidates will understand his/her role. Try to keep your description concise.
What Is a Job Description?
A job description is an internal document that clearly states the essential job requirements, job duties, job responsibilities, and skills and qualifications required to perform a specific role. A more detailed job description will cover salary, location, shift and how success is measured in the role so it can be used during performance evaluations.
Job Description is also known as a job specification, job profiles, JD, and position description (job PD).
You can Also Read: Assistant Manager job description Sample
Job Description Template for Business Development Manager
We are looking for a skilled eCommerce/digital marketer Manager, an experienced and self-driven eCommerce store manager to join our Digital team. You will optimize conversion and support the buying strategy through navigation, and product discovery. You will be responsible for all tradable touch points on the site, from owning the taxonomy, visual merchandising of all category pages, to optimizing cross-sell/upsell opportunities through product recommendations. You need to have a commercial mind, confident with analyzing data, plus a strong understanding of products and brand positioning.
Business Development Manager is primarily tasked with developing and diversifying business so that income increases and the future and growth of the organization are guaranteed. You must have a range of skills and capacities center on the best strategic and financial outcomes for the organization.
The BDM is often the first point of contact for a new potential client when they are seeking information on the products and services the company provides.
To excel in this role you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads.
In this role, you will act as the online Store Manager making sure the front and back-end of the store are working optimally, that the store is well-stocked, and that customers are happy, well informed and keep coming back. You will respond to any and all inquiries while making sure that we continue to improve the customer experience. You are a Doer and Project Manager.
This is all about serving customers – You must have very effective organizational and communication skills to build a sales team and to service our clientele efficiently. You will act as the driving force behind generating new sales leads and contacts, represent the company’s brand and drives strategies to increase product awareness by observing the market, competitors, and industry trends.
Our very existence is based on being of service. Our products serve, our site serves, and our backend and customer interactions serve. We often flip the term and call it serving customer vs customer service.
Store Analytics & Key Performance Indicators
- Prepare and monitor store KPIs from Google Analytics. (You are the analytics champion).
- Prepare weekly updates on traffic and performance so that we can better identify opportunities and plan promotions/outreach for certain products.
Customer Service Evangelist
- You are the lead on customer service and, as such, we want you to share our passion to build a business that has world-class relations with our clients. This can be a powerful factor in creating buzz and we want you to take the lead!
- Provide and lead customer service for online sales, including giving guidance and answering product related questions, assistance with online ordering, fielding phone calls, etc.
- Keep a diligent eye on daily orders to make sure that processes are operating smoothly and effectively for our customers and be proactive in identifying any challenges or weaknesses that could impact the sales experience
- Update and enter customer orders in the backend. Troubleshoot any order issues.
- Work with another team to evolve and improve projects and programs related to customer retention, loyalty, cancellations, failed transactions, customer reviews, etc.
- Customer Experience Wizard- Website
- Work with Sales & Marketing and Design teammates to identify, manage and implement website improvements, fixes, and general updates
- Work with web software providers (Bold Commerce, etc.) on upcoming features, functionality and bug resolution. Stay informed and report to team relevant information.
- Be our eyes and ears in regard to the user experience and creatively explore and lead improvement to customer service software and processes
- Report, manage and work to resolve any website bugs based on customer service inquiries
- Translating common questions and feedback from Customer Service email to our FAQs, product pages, informational pages, and product reviews
Sales & Marketing Operations Collaborator
- Manage the day-to-day sales and marketing channels through Shopify, Affiliate programs, Customer referral programs, and social media. Really understand our metrics and analytics to get a strong grasp on opportunities to expand and promote our products
- Manage Newsletter and content publishing.
- Manage wholesale accounts, support programs and promotions to increase awareness of Akamai across platforms and with our partners and affinity groups.
Vendor & Inventory Lead
- Monitor inventory and work with our team to make sure production and inventory are able to meet predicted sales
- Communicate with vendors weekly and/or monthly to make sure everything is running smoothly
- Coordinate with vendors to make sure that orders are processed promptly and correctly, including the insertion of our promotional materials with every order
- Assist in product development flow and coordination between internal teams and vendors (project management).
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for online store management, online sales/margin, product info accuracy, product catalog build, product publication, category management, navigation, filters, product sorting, cross-selling and up-selling, on-site search management and on-site advertising
- Constantly tracking the Visibility and Ad campaigns to analyze CTRs and conversions per Ad
- Placement to make changes for better performance and ROAS.
- Commercially visually merchandise all category pages, being reactive to trade and trends, whilst maintaining strong visual aesthetic
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Owner of onsite taxonomy and categorization, including navigation- ensure all customer journeys and touchpoints are maximized to best potential
- Creating a marketing plan to drive the traffic to the platforms through digital marketing initiatives such as YouTube, SEM, Social Media, Email and Affiliate based marketing
- Developing long-term strategies and cross-category marketing plans and advertising promotions
- Work closely with Marketing and Buying teams to plan and maintain product uploads and key launches (new collections, official sales period)
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Creating a marketing plan for our Platform based marketing (AMS) such as Search ads,
- Sponsored ads & Banner Ads
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Team on the planning and curation of weekly campaigns (CRM, Social). Select products for newsletters and other ad-hoc product-focused emails
- Work closely with Traffic Acquisition manager to optimize landing pages related to paid traffic campaigns
- Maintain editorial landing pages to support Marketing initiatives and editorial Brand content.
- Identify sales leads, handle the store from start to finish including product uploading to checking images as well as checking product price. The idea person will take responsibility for all areas and report directly to the director. You will pitch our products to new customers and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts.
- Shouldering the responsibility of managing Brand Website, Online Promotions, Social Media, Content Strategy, CRM and E-mail Marketing
Skills and Qualifications Requirements:
This is no job for shy, retiring types as you’ll need to be bursting with self-confidence, love networking and enjoy presenting and public speaking. It also helps if you have:
• Good business sense
• A deep understanding of marketing principles
• A positive attitude
• Negotiation skills
• Plenty of initiative
• Prospecting skills
• Stakeholder management skills
• Good communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Energy level
• Sales planning
• Selling to customer’s needs
• Territory management
• Meeting sales goals
• Closing skills
• Motivation for sales
• High-level communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy