JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE FOR ASSISTANT MANAGER
This Assistant Manager job description template can be used to create your own job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to edit it to suit your needs.
Assistant Manager Job Description. Usually, an Assistant Manager is responsible for scheduling employees, training new employees, and hiring new employees. Depending on the industry they may also be asked to handle escalated customer complaints as they often work in a customer-facing role.
About (Company Name Here)
The (company Names Here) is a perfect location for leisure and business guests alike. Opened as the Great Eastern Hotel in 19894 and one of London’s original ski hotels, the hotel is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building designed by the architects of London’s famed Houses of Parliament.
Our hotel is not conventional, this is reflected in our people and woven into the fabric of our culture of creating memorable experiences.
It uncovers an environment free of barriers, where ideas are exchanged and encouraged. We are a 5 Star rated Lifestyle Hotel located in the heart of vibrant East Europe. Featuring 167 newly refurbished rooms, 9 exciting bars & restaurants, and 12 diverse event spaces. We embrace people challenging the norm and who aren’t afraid of standing out, that’s what makes us different – your personal style whether that be tattoos, piercings or pink hair.
We have 5 different outlets and we are currently looking to match one personal style to a particular outlet. This offers the opportunity to work in various outlets. You will head up the service side of the operation and be in charge of the teams’ development and progression as it’s the people that make the experience for our guests and help create lasting memories.
Being part of our enterprise also means, joining an organization that has over 200 hotels in over 36 different countries, also recognized as a US Great Place to Work Company!
As an assistant restaurant/bar manager you will be responsible for the operation and supervision of the bar and beverage service department in a restaurant. He/she is in charge of the direction, supervision, performance, training, and evaluation of all positions within the department. An assistant bar manager consistently strives to exceed guest expectations and provide the highest level of service. Such positions build and maintain healthy business relations with clients ensuring high customer satisfaction; establish systems/ procedures thereby contributing in a major way towards growth and profitability levels; supervise and maintain an inventory of stocks at the bar; and ensure that the department is run in compliance with all company policies, rules, and regulations. An assistant bar manager manages and achieves the budgets that are determined for the bar and beverages department with respect to all departmental expenses, salaries. Assistance manager directs other employees through their daily routines and interacts with customers to make sure that they have a satisfactory experience. Assistant managers act as quality control, ensuring customer satisfaction through training employees properly and adhering to company policy.
- You will be responsible for the successful running of the operation and defining the plan for its on-going progression.
- You assist the financial success of the operation which includes budgeting, forecasting, keeping to defined targets of revenue, cost and GOP results.
- You will also ensure we keep to planned Guest Satisfaction targets as well as planning how the outlet can improve in service levels and offering.
- Arrange for new employees’ proper onboarding (scheduling training and ordering uniforms)
- Monitor compliance with safety and hygiene regulations
- Gather guests’ feedback and recommend improvements to our menus
- Oversee kitchen, and provide assistance to staff, as needed
- Keep detailed records of daily, weekly and monthly costs and revenues
- Calculate future needs in kitchenware and equipment and place orders, as needed
- Manage and store vendors’ contracts and invoices
- Coordinate communication between front of the house and back of the house staff
- Prepare shift schedules
- Process payroll for all restaurant staff
- Work experience as a Restaurant Assistant Manager or similar role in the hospitality industry
- Good math and reporting skills
- Customer service attitude
- Communication and team management abilities
- Availability to work within opening hours (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends)
- High school diploma; additional certification in hospitality is a plus
Should have a high school diploma or GED along with 2+ years of food & beverage experience, preferably in a supervisory role. Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and be trained in the entire bar department operations.
Continuous learning and development are paramount to us. As such, we pride ourselves on developing and supporting all our colleagues. You will have access to various learning opportunities both online and in our dedicated training room. Other benefits include;
- 12 free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- 1 Complimentary night stay for 2 in the Andaz (incl. dinner and breakfast) after 6 months of employment
- Discounts of up to 50% in our 7 restaurants & bars
- Uniform provided and laundered complimentarily
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Refer a friend bonus £500 per colleague introduced
- Bike 2 work scheme
- Busy social calendar including annual summer & Christmas celebrations
- Workplace pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
- Team member & performance rewards system redeemable in the form of complimentary stays, massages and many more